Finished To Precision
Nifty Bar offers abrasive Waterjet cutting services for production of precision blanks, near net shape parts, and completely finished components from prototypes to final production parts. Our abrasive Waterjet cutting equipment provides a 72″ x 144″ cutting envelope and can achieve tolerances of up to ± 0.005″ with minimal taper. Abrasive Waterjet cutting uses a high-pressure stream of water and garnet particles to cut through materials without heat. This technology offers many benefits compared to alternative cutting technologies or conventional machining, including:
- Capability to make one or thousands of parts as needed
- Reduced material costs through narrow kerfs and part nesting
- No thermal distortion or hardening
- Minimal part stress
- Elimination of tooling and fixtures
- Smooth finished edges
- Ability to cut hardened materials
- Ability to cut highly reflective materials
- Reduction or elimination of secondary operations
- Environmentally-friendly process
- Capability to self-pierce start holes
- No heat distortion or discoloration
- Accurate and repeatable reproduction of fine details
- Allows processing of brittle materials without chipping
Speed and Economy
Abrasive Waterjet technology makes it possible to quickly and economically realize simple or complex designs in the exact quantities needed for your project. We can produce elements in aluminum, cast iron, ceramics, composites, copper, glass, granite, marble, steel, stainless steel, wood, rubber, urethane, and other types of materials.
Maximum Material Flexibility
Nifty Bar can produce products in aluminum, cast iron, composites, copper, glass, plastics, rubber, stainless steel, steel, titanium, and many other types of materials. This includes traceable raw materials and blanks to your exact specifications through our network of qualified suppliers. We can also process customer supplied blanks, castings, forgings, and weldments.
Choice of Finishes
Nifty Bar can provide deburring, tumbling, bead blasting, brushing, heat treatment, cleaning, sanding, polishing, plating, and other post-processing or finishing operations as required.